Home > General Insurance
> IRS Small Business Health Care Tax Credit For Small Business Owners
IRS Small Business Health Care Tax Credit For Small Business Owners
Author: S. Brett Anderson
Have you received a letter from IRS concerning your qualifications for a Small Business Health Care Tax Credit?
Beginning the week of April 19, the IRS sent over 4 millions letters to small business owners alerting them of the new health care tax credits and encouraging them to check their eligibility. The new Internal Revenue Service Small Business Health Care Tax Credit helps small businesses and small tax-exempt organizations across the nation afford the cost of covering their employees' health care benefits.
What are the Small Group (Business) Eligibility Rules?
For-profit and tax-exempt employers may qualify. However, all three of the following criteria must be met before tax credits can be applied:
- The employer must cover at least 50 percent of health care coverage costs for workers based on the employee-only rate.
- The employer must have no more than the equivalent of 25 full-time workers...owners and family member not included.
- The employer must pay average annual wages below $50,000
- The maximum credit is worth up to 35 percent of a small business annual health insurance premium costs in 2010 and 25 percent for tax-exempt employers...On January 1, 2014, this rate increases to 50 percent and 35 percent for tax-exempt employers.
- The credit gradually phases out for employers with average wages between $25,000 and $50,000, and for employers with the equivalent of between 10 and 25 full-time workers.
Employer Notification/Support Materials
The IRS is informing potentially eligible small business groups about this tax credit. Visit the IRS site for additional support materials, including a video and frequently asked questions.
For more information, feel free to contact us at (800) 373-8781 or you can visit our website: http://www.allsureinsurance.com
S. Brett Anderson, President
Allsure Insurance Agency
Allsure Insurance Agency is nationwide life and health insurance broker specializing in individuals, families, and small businesses. We custom build based on our clients needs and financial goals. We are based in Houston, TX and licensed in several states across the country. If you are looking for a life and/or health insurance in Texas or any other state, feel free to contact us anytime.
Other Recent Insurance Smart Book Articles:
Small Business Owners Getting Tough With Health Insurance PolicySmall Business Insurance: Do You and Your Subcontractors Need It?Get Liability Insurance For Small BusinessOwning an Independent Insurance AgencySmall Business Health Insurance Plans - How Does it Work?