Home > Home Insurance
> Florida Homeowner's Insurance Quotes - Where to Get the Cheapest
Florida Homeowner's Insurance Quotes - Where to Get the Cheapest
Author: Brian Stevens
Your Florida home is among the largest purchases you¡¯ll ever make. You want to protect it with homeowner¡¯s insurance, but without spending too much. Where can you get the cheapest Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quotes?
The answer is no further away than your computer. You can go online to insurance websites and get fast Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quotes. At many sites, you can complete your insurance information one time and get fast quotes from many different insurance companies (see link below).
Information you need to get started
You¡¯ll need some basic information at hand before you can go online and get your Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quote:
* Square footage of your home
* Year your home was built
* How far away the nearest fire hydrant is
* Construction details about the home, such as the type of foundation, walls, and roof
* Limits of coverage you want
* Deductibles you want
* Safety features such as deadbolts, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and security systems
Tips for getting the cheapest Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quotes
To get the cheapest Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quotes, follow these tips:
* Set your deductible as high as you can afford. The deductible is the amount you pay on a claim before the insurance starts to pay. The default deductible on Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quotes is usually $250, but if you can raise it to $500 or even $1,000, you'll save up to 25% on your premium.
* Don¡¯t set your coverage limits too high. Take an inventory of your belongings and get an estimate of how much it would cost to rebuild your house.
* Get all the discounts you qualify for. Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance companies typically offer discounts for multiple policies with the company, non-smokers, senior citizens, and security features. Ask if the company offers any other discounts.
Making your final decision
Once you have several Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quotes, you'll need to choose a company. Remember that the cheapest quote is not always the best.
Go to the Florida Department of Insurance website and see how many complaints customers have made against the company. Also go to the company website and see if it is informative and helpful. This information will help you choose the cheapest Florida homeowner¡¯s insurance quote with the best company for you.
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/homeowners-insurance.html or click on the following link to get Florida homeowners insurance quotes from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can get more insurance tips in their Articles section, and get answers to your insurance questions from an insurance expert by using their online chat service.
The authors, Brian Stevens and Stacey Schifferdecker, have spent 30 years in the insurance and finance industries, and have written numerous articles on getting cheap Florida homeowners insurance quotes.
Other Recent Insurance Smart Book Articles:
Florida Home Owner Insurance - Tips On How To Pick The Best PolicyFlorida Home Insurance - Private Companies to Cover Florida's Citizens CustomersCheap Car Insurance in Miami, FloridaHumana One Health Insurance Company of Florida ReviewWhat are Florida Car Insurance Requirements?