Home > Auto Insurance
> Buy Auto Insurance - Top 10 Tips to Save 40% to 50%
Buy Auto Insurance - Top 10 Tips to Save 40% to 50%
Author: Jim Kibler
Buy auto insurance...read this before you buy auto insurance if you want to save 40 To 50% with these easy steps described here that can make a big difference in how much you pay. These savings can amount to hundreds of dollars every year that it is not necessary for you to pay to have good coverage.
Top 10 tips.
1.The first thing to do is to decide how much in auto insurance you need to buy and by that I mean what are the liability requirements for your state. This is a good place to start.
Keep in mind that if there is an accident, which is your fault, the other people very well may go after your net worth. Therefore if you have a net worth of say $500,000 it might be a good idea to attach a personal liability policy in the amount of $1 million.
2. Next, get all your records together, including records on past accidents, driving records and your current car insurance policy, if you have one. It might be a good idea if you have had points deducted, to wait until the points have been reinstated to apply for a new auto insurance policy.
3. Decide what you are comfortable with as a deductible because if you will raise your deductible to $1000 per accident or even $1500 per accident you can lower your price by 40%.
4. If the car you own is paid for and not worth a lot of money you may want to consider a liability only policy instead of comprehensive insurance because this will save you 20%.
5. Whenever possible, buy your homeowners insurance and car insurance from the same company because this will save you 10%.
6. Take advantage of any available discounts that you may have coming to you because of membership in any organization.
7. If you have not had a moving traffic violation or cause an accident with the last five years you are eligible for a safe driving discount.
8. If you drive less than 12,000 miles per year you can get a low mileage discount.
9. Now taking all this information into consideration, go online and fill out applications with at least five different companies and in a day or so, sometimes within minutes, you will have quotes.
10. Now call several insurance agents and insurance brokers in your area and asked them for quotes making sure that you have all your records with you when you make the call. Ask them to e-mail the quotes for you.
After spending between one and two hours working on car insurance quotes you are in a much better position to make a decision.
Buy auto insurance is much easier when you know what you are doing and if you are willing to put in a small amount of time you can save a lot of money on your car insurance.
Jim Kibler has a extensive background in sales, financial increase and business and was an top producing insurance agent. Jim believes most people are paying much more money than necessary for insurance.
Get a much more complete FREE LIST of available discounts at Cheapest car insurance
Other Recent Insurance Smart Book Articles:
Tips For Buying Auto InsuranceFinding Your Auto InsuranceInexpensive Auto Insurance - Insider Tips For How to Get the Cheapest Car InsuranceAuto Insurance - Auto Insurance Tips For Lower Monthly PaymentsEasy Tips For Saving Hundreds of Dollars Yearly On Your Auto Insurance